Dunton Hot Springs is your Fantasyland escape this winter
Whether checking in at the exclusive Dunton Town House in Telluride, or the iconic Dunton Hot Springs located just across the mountain, guests have an ideal home base to take full advantage of Colorado’s natural surroundings, making it easy to create the perfect ‘‘winter wonderland’ getaway. Powder-filled days in the backcountry, skiing on the slopes of Telluride’s famed mountain resort, or a day of trekking along world-class snowshoe and cross-country ski trails in the San Juan Mountains – it’s all within easy reach. Dunton Destinations provides guests with an opportunity to experience Colorado’s renowned powder, pristine landscapes, and thrilling outdoor adventures accompanied by indulgent après-ski offerings featuring award-winning cuisine and rejuvenating wellness experiences.
Dunton Town House, Telluride
On one of Telluride's prettiest streets, Dunton Town House is a charming bed & breakfast hotel just steps away from the gondola and main street. In keeping with the history and heritage of the former private residence and its occupants, all of the property’s five King bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms feature fine European fabrics, Tyrolean antiques, Austrian ceramics, and a mix of custom furnishings. From Dunton Town House, guests can easily explore Telluride Ski Resort and its charming eateries and local boutiques. Perfect for couples and families alike, the property’s full-time concierge and house manager can assist with anything from organizing ski passes and dinner reservations to booking heli-ski adventures or arranging snowmobiling and snowshoeing outings at nearby sister property, Dunton Hot Springs.
Dunton Hot Springs, Dolores
Located about 1.5 hours across the mountain from Telluride, Dunton Hot Springs is a restored 1800s-era ghost town turned luxury Relais & Chateaux resort featuring 12 luxury log cabins and one luxurious (and insulated) tent. The property, set in the heart of the San Juan Mountains, is known for its incredible and remote location, meticulously prepared cuisine made from seasonal and local ingredients, and of course, its namesake natural hot springs. Guests can enjoy the hot springs in several different ways throughout the property, including inside the restored 19th-century Bathhouse, under the stars at the source, in the pool outside the Bathhouse, the pool behind the Dunton Store cabin, or inside the Well House cabin.
The property is also home to the recently opened Pangolin Spa, which officially opened last summer. The cozy spa cabin features a reimagined menu of luxurious and rejuvenating alpine-inspired treatments using all-natural products from the renowned luxury wellness brand Amala. Amala is elevated natural skincare with cutting-edge, chemical-free formulas, and each product was explicitly chosen to thrive in the mountain-desert climate. For those looking for the ultimate way to unwind after a day of outdoor adventures, enjoy a soak in the hot springs before indulging in the spa treatment of your choice. In addition to body treatments, the spa also offers complimentary group yoga and fitness classes, private nutritional counseling, and professional wellness workshops. The full Pangolin Spa menu is available here.
As part of Dunton Hot Springs’ Winter Activities Program, guests can take advantage of a unique selection of complimentary half-day guided adventures. Alternatively, private à la carte activities and ski excursions are available for booking as well.
Complimentary Half-Day Guided Adventures
· Nordic Ski Adventures - Climb into Dunton’s very own Snow-cat and scale to 10,000 feet for an exciting day of cross-country skiing or snowshoeing on a trail laid out by former Olympic Nordic skier Wendy Wegner. Guests will enjoy hot chocolate, cider, and snacks prepared by Dunton’s culinary team to warm up.
· Snowshoeing - There is nothing quite like strapping on a pair of snowshoes to explore the serene winter beauty in the San Juan Mountains. After being fitted with appropriate gear by Dunton’s expert outfitter, enjoy this spectacular workout with incredible views.
· Winter Wonderland - Join for a day of cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating and horse-drawn sleigh rides, followed by a cozy, comfortable afternoon sipping hot chocolate by the fire at Dunton’s exclusive seasonal River Camp property.
Private À La Carte Adventures
· Snowmobiling - This heart-pounding snowmobile adventure is a great option for all experience levels to explore the scenic alpine beauty surrounding Dunton. Knowledgeable guides will show off some of Colorado’s most breathtaking scenery and educate guests about the area’s historical and natural wonders as you cruise at leisure.
· Ice Climbing - Scale Dunton’s very own waterfall using ice axes, crampons, helmets, and harnesses while surrounded by the towering beauty of Colorado’s San Juan Mountains. One of the most fantastic winter adventures on offer, this excursion allows guests to experience the wilderness from a different perspective in the trusted hands of expert guides.
· Cross-Country Skiing - Spend an afternoon gliding through the spectacular San Juan Mountains with no other person around except for your professional guide. Whether it’s untouched alpine meadows or freshly groomed trails you’re after, Dunton’s expansive grounds offer a variety of terrain to choose from, with over 10 kilometers of trails available to explore.
For more information about Dunton Destinations, visit www.duntondestinations.com.